A hot dish with a cooling sauce that screams summer! A taste of both sweet and salty and a certain heat that goes hand in hand with the other flavour combinations. A perfect dish to shine at any summer barbecue.
For the Glazed Salmon:
- Four portions fresh skin on salmon fillet (~200g each, the glaze will cope with more if you are greedy!)
- 60ml Sweet chili sauce
- Juice of one lime
- 3 tsp Lakritsfabriken liquorice powder
For the Lemon pepper sauce:
- 250ml Sour cream
- 1 tsp Lemon pepper
- 1 tsp Squeezed lemon
- New potatoes
- Green salad (Peppery leaves such as rocket or arugula work very well)
- Olive oil to dress
- Mix sweet chili sauce, lime juice and liquorice powder in a non-metallic bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper. Add the salmon fillets and turn to coat them in the marinade. Cover the bowl with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C / Gas Mark 6 / 400F
- Fill a pan with lightly salted water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, add the new potatoes.
- Line a small baking tray with foil. Place the salmon fillets on the foil, skin-side down, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Reserve the remaining marinade.
- After 10 minutes, Take the salmon out of the oven and brush the salmon with any remaining marinade. Return to the oven for a further 6-8 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Mix together the ingredients for the lemon pepper sauce. Serve the salmon and sauces with the boiled potatoes and a green salad.
The lime juice has two purposes: The first is to dilute the chili sauce a little bit. The second is to remove the fishy smell on salmon and cut through the fatty grease from the salmon skin.
Permission to reproduce this recipe has very kindly been provided by Lakritsfabriken. Translated and adapted by Liquorice Heaven.