A liquorice twist on the traditional breakfast recipe.
- 130 grams of plain white flour (00), sifted
- 1 egg
- 20 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 180 ml of milk
- half a spoonful of Amarelli liquorice powder
- Beat the egg with the sugar, add the milk and the oil and mix, add the sifted flour with the baking powder and the liquorice, work quickly until you get the batter.
- Heat a lightly greased non-stick pan, pour in two tablespoons of the mixture, spreading them out a little and cook until bubbles form, then turn and cook the other side (about a minute on each side).
- Stack the pancakes and keep going until the mixture is finished.
Recipe provided by Amarelli with our thanks.