This classic Italian dish works extremely well with the combination of saffron and liquorice.
- 400g of carnaroli rice
- 1/2 shallot
- 70g butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ tsp saffron
- 200 ml of dry white wine
- 1.5 litres of chicken stock
- Grated parmesan
- Salt to taste
For the liquorice sauce :
- 100ml of water
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons of Amarelli liquorice powder
- Chop the shallot and brown it until it is lightly browned with the oil and 50g of the butter.
- Add the rice and stir it for 2 minutes
- Deglaze with the white wine, let the alcohol evaporate and add the stock 2 ladles at a time, making sure to stir continuously so that the rice does not stick.
- When the rice is cooked, add the saffron and turn off the heat.
- Stir in the remaining butter and Parmesan (To your taste).
- Quickly prepare the liquorice sauce: mix the starch powder in a bowl, add the water and vinegar a little at a time, being careful not to create lumps.
- Cook the sauce in a pan for a few minutes over low heat until it thickens.