For all Liquorice lovers, here is the very simple recipe for an artisanal liqueur that is made in a few simple steps and in a short time, using Amarelli's famous liquorice powder.
You can enjoy this delicious and fresh homemade liquorice liqueur right away. But by letting it rest for a month or two we will be able to enjoy its unique and refreshing flavour at its best.
- 1.5 litres of natural mineral water
- 1.2 kg of refined sugar
- 1 liter of alcohol , 40% vol / 90 proof (Minimum, ideally 95 proof)
- 200g of Amarelli liquorice powder
- In a non-stick pan with a capacity of at least 5 litres, bring the water to the boil
- Add the sugar and Amarelli liquorice powder using a sieve and mix until the powder and sugar has dissolved.
- Once dissolved, off the heat and continue stirring the syrup until it cools.
- Once this has reached room temperature, add the alcohol and stir the syrup thoroughly.
- Bottle and store (Or drink in moderation!)
- Shake the bottle occasionally to avoid any accumulation of liquorice at the bottom
Recipe provided by Amarelli with our thanks.