This recipe needs to be made the night before so plan ahead! They are definitely worth the effort. For an added touch, roll them in crushed nuts during the final step. These are guaranteed to excite the taste buds of any liquorice lover as well as making a statement when given to guests!
- 150g double cream
- 75g butter
- 400g white chocolate, chopped into small pieces.
- 10g Amarelli liquorice powder
- To taste: dark chocolate (60% or more)
- unsweetened cocoa
- The night before: Heat the cream slowly in a pan, stirring regularly to avoid burning. Turn the heat off and add the white chocolate.
- Once the white chocolate is nearly melted, add the Amarelli liquorice powder slowly whilst gradually it in and keep stirring until all remaining lumps of chocolate have melted. If you are left with a few, turn the stove back on again at the lowest temperature for just a minute and stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Put the mixture in a tub and store in the refridgerator overnight.
- Shape the solidified dough with your hands until you get chocolate balls the size of a walnut. Use the contents of the bowl to create as many liquorice chocolate balls as you can.
- Roll the balls in dark cocoa (Optional!) and crushed nuts of your choice (Optional again!) for an extra level of complexity. We have also found that a bit of Himalayan rock salt brings out more flavour...
Permission to reproduce this recipe has been provided by Amarelli with our thanks. The original recipe was created by the chefs on the Italian AliceTV cooking channel.